Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday at Home

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice you righteous ones;
And shout for joy all you who are upright in heart.
Psalm 32:11

A beautiful Monday here with temperatures in the mid 60's. This winter has seen some crazy weather here in Central Virginia. Tomorrow the high will be in the 40's. Weird!!

Monday is my day for laundry and cleaning the downstairs. Not much of that got done today!! We had "school light" and then we ran a bunch of errands.

JK has been saving her money for a while to buy a skateboard. Today we went to a new skateboard shop that just opened up a few weeks ago and she bought her first "pro" skateboard. She was so happy! She had to wait until we got home from our other errands (Michael's and Target) before she could ride it. She is outside right now, with night quickly falling, practicing.

I didn't buy one thing at Michael's. It's a miracle! It's hard to go into a craft store and not buy something that I need for embroidery or rubber stamping! At Target I needed to pick up a few odds and ends. I bought the soundtrack for "Brother, Where Art Thou?" and we listened to it on the way home. I love bluegrass music. Not country--bluegrass!!

After dinner, my dh and I are going to Home Depot, Staples and Lowe's. Happy, happy, joy, joy!! There aren't my favorite places to shop but, hey, it's a date with hubby, right?? Anyplace I go with him is fun. Actually, we're picking out a new light fixture for our fan in the schoolroom so I'll enjoy doing that.

Well, that was my day here! How was yours?

No comments: