Pages

Friday, April 14, 2006

Choices

In the book I'm reading by Linda Dillow entitled "Calm My Anxious Heart" she write about choices we can make in our lives to give us more contentment and peace. I still have a few chapters to read but here's what I've learned so far.

Choose to:
  • accept my portion and my cup (Ps. 16:5)
  • pray rather than be anxious
  • give my anxieties to God
  • pray specifically
  • be thankful
  • dwell on the positive
  • forgive and go beyond forgiveness
  • be faithful to God
  • say words of blessing and love
  • acknowledge that anxiety is sin and confess it as such
  • yield to God's sovereignty
  • trust God with all my tomorrows and live for today
  • trust God with the "what ifs"

I wrote all these down on an index card and have been meditating on them (putting them into my heart) along with some verses that go along. It has been such a blessing and encouragement to "think on these things".

No comments: