Pages

Friday, September 08, 2006

Exciting Adventures Ahead

A few months ago our church announced that they were putting together a mission trip to Honduras. We have sent two saints from our church to work in a medical mission there. Their house is in the process of being built and men are needed to go down to finish it. The shell is there but it needs everything else. They also required two ladies to go in order to cook for them. I wanted to go but didn't think financially it was possible. Then the Lord provided an airline ticket through the generosity of dear friends. Last week another lady from church made the decision to go. So.......we will be flying to Honduras on October 6 (my 22nd weddding anniversary ) and returning on the 16th. It is less than a month away now.

Today I got my tetanus shot (which doesn't hurt; tomorrow might be another story) and next week I'll be getting the Hepatitis A. My passport is being processing and will, Lord willing, arrive soon. It's actually happening!

Last night our team leader, the other cook and I had a meeting to discuss our menu plans and various options. We were able to accomplish all that was needed and our plans are set. Of course, we need to be flexible but the planning is finished and that was a big task.

I asked my husband last night about when he went to Cuba (in '91 for the PanAm Games) if he thought it was really happening before he got there and he said no. I feel the same way. I am looking forward to going but it doesn't quite seem real. I'm sure as it gets closer I'll be more excited. For now it feels like an ordinary trip.

Last week I bought a nice leather journal just for the trip. I have already written a few entries concerning the preparation, prayer requests and praises. I think it will be neat to read it years from now and see how the Lord used me during this time.

In our study of James during the last two weeks, Trish and I learned about our faith and works. "In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead." (2:17 NIV) As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." (2:26 NIV) It is an honor and privilege to do these good works which God prepared in advance for me to do! It is a blessing to serve the Lord in any way I can. He gave ALL for me! Shouldn't I give all to Him?

No comments: