Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Year

A new year is always fresh with possibilities. New opportunities to change; to achieve; to become a better person. Resolutions to be made and kept. I start out with a list like everyone else. Good intentions; lofty goals. But, I suspect like a lot of other people, many of these things fall by the wayside. But every January I do it again!! I had a list made out for 2007: better organization of home and school; lose weight; read more; watch less TV, spend more time in prayer, read through the Bible in a year, etc. All good; all attainable. But my heart wasn't in it; I just made the list because that's what I do every year. That's not exactly the way to get motivated!

Then, about a week ago, I heard an advertisement on the radio for a Kay Arthur conference. I don't remember much about the conference except a verse was mentioned that was apparently the theme of the weekend. John 2:5b. The ad only mentioned the verse reference so I wrote it down to look it up later.

Once home, I looked up the verse: "Whatever He says to you, do it" (NASB). There was my motivation for 2007! This was all the resolution I needed! I'm sure the Lord is interested in my list of goals and intentions. Perhaps not. I'm positive He is interested in my complete obedience to all He says in His Word. I still have my list--but on the top of it I wrote John 2:5b to remind me of what's really important. Of what is most important.

3 comments:

~* Jennifer *~ said...

HEY -- after your comment at the homeschool blogger... I may join you here at Google... Ü Going to go check it out.

~* Jennifer *~ said...

http://gabbygwenhwyfar.blogspot.com/

I did it!

Thanks for the push. Ü

Jennifer

Trish said...

Hi there E! Welcome over to blogger. I made the same decision a little while ago. Hope you are having a tremendous New Year!
Love, T