Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Little Things Matter

One of the most precious things to me about the Lord is that He cares about the little things in our lives. He answers our prayers about little things also!

This morning I went to our local homeschool group's annual used curriculum/book sale. I was looking for two items that would wrap up everything I needed for next school year. I found them both! God is so good. I prayed before I went in that if it was His will, I would be able to find them both at a good price. I did! The first was an Apologia General Science textbook, which many ladies had for sale so I was able to find one at a good price. The next thing I needed was Key to Fractions. I wasn't sure if I would find the set because they are consumable workbooks. One lady had the set for sale and it was missing the first workbook. I know I can purchase it separately so I bought the set for a lot less than new, even when I order the missing workbook. Isn't that neat how God answered my prayer? I am so thankful for His care and provision for me.

I also found two books to add to my library: The Gospel for Real Life by Jerry Bridges and With Christ in The School of Prayer by Andrew Murray. I'm looking forward to reading these this summer. I'm working on compiling my summer reading list in the next week or two. So many books, so little time!

I am so thankful I have a heavenly Father who cares about every area of my life and delights in doing so!

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? (Matthew 6:25-27)

No comments: