Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Surprise Muffins


I made these this morning for Julianne's bowling banquet. No really a banquet--each family had to bring something to share. Trophies were given out but we didn't stay for the free bowling.

These muffins are easy to make and only take twenty minutes to cook. An easy-to-d0-recipe even when I'm first up in the morning!! I always double the recipe because twelve muffins just don't last long between five people.

Surprise Muffins
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
strawberry or raspberry jam (any flavor of jam, really)

Heat oven to 400*. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffins cups. Beat egg; stir in milk and oil. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Fill muffins cups about half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon strawberry jam onto batter in each cup; top with enough batter to fill cups about 3/4 full. Bake until golden brown; about 20 minutes. Immediately remove from pan.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Glow Girls said...

Yum! These look good! I'm going to try them. It's nice to find other Christians online. We just started a blog (my sisters and I) called Shine in the Shadows. It's a lot of fun!

Mrs. U said...

Yum! These sound delicous!!! I can definitely see why you double the batch!

His,
Mrs. U