Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

What A Storm!!


Last night we had the biggest thunderstorm I have ever experienced. It started about the time Julianne and I came home from karate. We got home at almost 8 pm. The rain and the lightning were like that pink bunny.....it just kept going and going and going! I went to bed around 1 am and it was still storming. I remember lying in bed and thinking that it should stop soon. I think I fell asleep around 2 am. I woke up later and looked at my clock. It was about 3:30 and it was still lightning bit I couldn't tell if it had stopped raining. I fell back asleep so I have no idea how long the storm went on. But I know it was at least 7.5 hours!!! We are expecting more this afternoon but not as severe. We shall see! Last night's storms weren't supposed to be severe either!

This morning everything is so clean and green. It's amazing what a difference rain can make. I have some Rose of Sharons out front that were not doing well at all. One of them completely dropped their leaves. I tried to keep them watered but they were usually drooping again in a few hours. But this morning they are green, green, green! And so is our grass. God's rain is just what we needed.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

wasn't it amazing?!! we stayed up late to watch the lightning for awhile. It was so magnificent.