Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bird Mania

I have several bird feeders in my yard, both front and back, and Julianne and I enjoy watching and identifying birds. Today was a very good day for us. In the space of about 15 minutes, we saw: a downy woodpecker, hairy woodpecker, a flicker, cardinal, bluejay, robin, bluebird, goldfinch, purple finch, mourning doves, sparrows, a Carolina wren, chickadee, and a nuthatch. I don't know why we had so many visitors but it was interesting to see them all. I recently bought some new birdseed that has peanuts in it and I wonder if they the woodpeckers were there for that?

Yesterday while I was babysitting, I saw a beautiful hawk flying overhead. I'm not familiar with most hawks so I don't know what kind it was. I'm taking my bird book with me tomorrow in case he shows up again!

"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?"

No comments: