Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Blessed Day

What a wonderful birthday! I am very blessed and have a great family! I love you guys!!

We didn't really have any plans for my birthday because Thursday nights are busy. Michael has music practice, Julianne and I go to karate, Jared is usually working and Jessica is out with Matt. But tonight all of us were home except Michael. I didn't have anything special planned for dinner (besides, who wants to cook??) and we were sitting in the living room trying to figure out what to do. Jared had just gotten back from training at his new job (The Cheesecake Bistro) so he didn't want to go out to dinner since he has just eaten. But he gave me money so "the girls" could go to Outback. Yeah! One of my favorite places.

We decided to call Matt and he met us there. We had the most wonderful time with lots and lots of laughter . Our service wasn't so good but the front-of-the-house manager ended up taking about $30 off our bill. That was a nice surprise! Another surprise was all the waiters and waitresses coming to sing "Happy Birthday". How embarrassing!! I was hoping that wouldn't happen :-).

And how do I know I'm getting older? The only thing I wanted was a Dyson vacuum cleaner. And now I have a purple one. The animal--which is great for getting up pet hair. Watch out, Squirt and Snickers, I'm heading your way.

Anyway, it was a great birthday and the Lord used this night to remind me that I have a wonderful husband, wonderful children and a wonderful (hopefully) soon to be son-in-law. They are all the best. Thank you, Lord, for this family. I love them very much!!

2 comments:

April said...

Happy Birthday!!!! It sounded delightful.

Anonymous said...

Elaine said:
"Anyway, it was a great birthday and the Lord used this night to remind me that I have a wonderful husband, wonderful children and a wonderful (hopefully) soon to be son-in-law."

I don't know if Matt reads your blog, but I bet Jessica does...so...

Matt...that's not a hint or anything! Elaine and I are both EXPECTING this!!

Happy Birthday E!!!

Love, Trish