Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

An Actual Update!

I know it's been a while since I've been on here but there really hasn't been all that much going on in our household.

Life goes on without Squirt but we all miss her a lot. I wonder if Snickers misses her? Or what she thinks about her not being here. She's top dog now!! Puppy training is still going on and Dasher just doesn't quite get the hang of house training. Julianne is very good and patient with her so I'm hoping that patience pays off soon.

School is going well. I did lesson plans today all the way to the end of February. Yeah!! I'm so happy! It feels so good to get that all on the computer and to be able to print out a week's worth of lessons each Monday. I use Homeschool Tracker Plus and it has made my planning so easy! There is a free version you can download if you want to try it and then upgrade to the plus version. If you like planning on the computer, then I recommend Homeschool Tracker Plus.

Trish and I are reading Trusting God Even When Life Hurts by Jerry Bridges for our Wednesday night Bible study. We have only gone through the second chapter so far but they have been wonderful. Here's a few examples of the truths in this book.

In the arena of adversity, the Scriptures teach us three essential truths about God--truths we must believe if we are to trust Him in adversity. They are 1. God is completely sovereign; 2. God is infinite in wisdom; 3. God is perfect in love.

Someone has expressed these three truths as they relate to us in this way: "God in His love always wills what is best for us. In His wisdom He always knows what is best, and in His sovereignty He has the power to bring it about."
~*~*~*~
It is coming into a deeper personal relationship with Him as a result of seeking Him in the midst of our personal pain and discovering Him to be trustworthy. It is only as we know God in this personal way that we come to trust Him.
~*~*~*~
God's providence is His constant care for and His absolute rule over all His creation for HIs own glory and the good of His people.
~*~*~*~
If we are going to learn to trust God in adversity, we must believe that just as certainly as God will allow nothing to subvert His glory, so He will allow nothing to spoil the good He is working out in us and for us.
~*~*~*~
If we are to trust God, we must learn to see that He is continuously at work in every aspect and every moment of our lives.
~*~*~*~
I'm looking forward to working through the rest of the book. Life is full of times when I need to trust God because I cannot see the big picture of all that is happening. This book and God's word will equip me to handle those times better.

1 comment:

April said...

"If we are going to learn to trust God in adversity, we must believe that just as certainly as God will allow nothing to subvert His glory, so He will allow nothing to spoil the good He is working out in us and for us." I know this in my head but during the trial I can still kick and scream....He's still working on me. Thanks for sharing those encouraging truths. I am adding this book to my list.

I read Bridges book, The Discipline of Grace, last year. It was great and I hope to read it again.

Thanks for sharing.