Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Exciting Times Ahead!


I spent most of the day at Lowe's picking out cabinets for the kitchen. Also flooring, paint, a countertop and new windows. The ones above are the Orchard Collection and I'm getting this same finish called Hickory Spice. The above picture is NOT my kitchen. It's much, much smaller but I think the light cabinets will make it look larger.




This is my countertop. Isn't it pretty? I love it! It's called Deepstar Flint. I just love the blues and the light cabinets will bring out the tans. I chose "Bungalow Blue" for my paint. It's by Eddie Bauer but I haven't been able to find a picture online.

And this little picture is my floor! It's red oak (laminate). I love this also! This will be going into the downstairs bath, living room, dining room, kitchen, and upstairs in the master bedroom. I'm so, so glad to be getting rid of most of our carpets. Hurrah for wood (even fake) floors!

I will be posting some before, during and after pictures. We also picked out new windows and our big, ugly sliding doors in the front (8' by 7') will be replaced by a french door with sidelights and the other one will be replaced by a window. Yeah!

Please pray for me in about two weeks (or before then!) as my house will soon be a disaster area. Praise the Lord with me as we have a bunch a friends from church who will be doing the work along with my husband. We are so thankful for their helping hands and expertise in all these different areas.

3 comments:

Renna said...

I love everything you've picked out. Your kitchen's going to be gorgeous! Can I be just a tad envious? ;-)

Trish said...

It's going to be beautiful!!!

Love, T

Marilyn@Mixed Bouquet said...

Wow! Your title doesn't begin to describe the excitement that I'd have in your situation! Everything will be gorgeous together.