Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday at Home

We got a call today from Lowe's telling us our windows are in! So....work should start on those soon. It all depends when J. can put them in. I'm so excited about having windows that actually work and that I can see through! I also think these windows will help us with heating and cooling. Lower bills--yeah!

The Salvation Army is coming the 17th to take away a bunch of furniture. Our bedroom and family room furniture should be here by the end of the month. So, we will be sleeping on the mattress on the floor for a while. We'll be like hippies. :-) I guess we'll get the camping chairs out for the family room! The living room will be empty so we can put the kitchen cabinets in there when they come.
~*~*~*~*~*~
Our summer plans are coming together nicely. We will be going camping with our church in June and also a week by ourselves in July. We have tickets for two days of King's Fest in July. Also in July we will be going to our last 4th of July game and fireworks at the Richmond Braves game. They are moving their team to Georgia after this season. I heard that a Double A team may be coming so that would be great. My sister is coming for a visit in August and taking me to Massanutten Resort for three days. I'm really looking forward to that.

Last but not least, we bought tickets today for the Third Day concert in Virginia Beach on September 12. That will be Julianne's present as she starts high school. Her freshman year.
~*~*~*~*~
We have never had this many activities in one summer. We are usually homebodies and just hang around Richmond. I think this is going to be a lot of fun!
~*~*~*~*~
Trish and I are almost finished Trusting God. This summer we're studying the book Holiness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss with a few other ladies at church. We don't have a schedule yet but it's expected to be casual and we probably won't be meeting once a week like Trish and me. I'm looking forward to learning more about this subject!
~*~*~*~*~
That's all from here today. I'm off to buy some plastic containers to store all our clothes in since our dressers, etc. will be gone next Saturday!

4 comments:

Amy, A Redeemed Sheep said...

Please take lots of pictures of all the changes that are happening in your home. I'd love to see everything you are doing!

Renna said...

Good idea of Amy's. We always forget the 'before' pictures when we do home remodel projects.

It sounds like your family will be creating some good memories this summer! :-)

A Servant of the King said...

I will take lots of pictures and post them as the work begins. It will remind me that it's a work in progress!!

Marilyn@Mixed Bouquet said...

Hippies! LOL! You'll have stories to write about like Kellyds and her teepee. :D

I'm excited for you!