Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello!

I was going to post some pictures today but I can't find my cable! Oh well, I'm sure it will turn up soon.

Julianne had her school pictures taken today at Maymont Park in Richmond . The park is so beautiful and after days of rain, it turned out to be a great day for photos! I took some alongside the photographer and if I ever find my cable, I'll post them.

Trish and I started reading "Fear Factor" by Wayne and Joshua Mack for our Wednesday night studies. We're only on the third chapter but it is very good. In the margins Wayne has some highlighted quotes that really cause us to think. Here's a few:

You should be courageous not because of who you are and what you've done, but because of who God is and what He has done!

Believers can stand strong because the Spirit within them is so powerful.

Stop looking to yourself for courage. Stop making excuses. Start relying on God!

If you are dominated by fear, worry, and anxiety, your problem is that you are too self-centered.

It's not wrong to be distressed, to be troubled, to be frightened, or to have those emotions. It is wrong when those emotions control you.

If you were looking for an easy ride when you became a Christian, you got on the wrong roller coaster.

The reason you are becoming troubled is not because of your circumstances; it is because you are not exercising your faith. You are looking at your situation as if God does not exist.

Anyone can say they believe in God, but when the tough times come, why they really believe becomes obvious.

One part of the book that really ministered to me was when he was talking about the Holy Spirit. He reminded me that I have the power to overcome fear and sin because I have the Holy Spirit residing in me--the same Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead is in me! We have the courage and power to stand strong in tough times because the Spirit within us is so strong. What an encouragement!!

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love your new header! It's beautiful!!

The book sounds wonderful! As one who has to constantly remind myself of what the Scripture says becauyse I get anxious and fearful all the time, I really appreciate your review.

The one quote I really like, because it it SO true is this one, "If you were looking for an easy ride when you became a Christian, you got on the wrong roller coaster."

A Servant of the King said...

Thanks! I love daises, don't you? They are such a cheerful little flower!

I will try to post a review on each chapter as I make my way through the book. I'm really enjoying it as it is very challenging!!