Pages

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Live All Out




In Fear Factor I read this sentence: If your main priority in life is getting people to like you or think well of you, you won't be able to live all out for God.

Live all out. Ever since I've read that phrase, I've been thinking about what it means to live all out for God. What I think it means is trusting Him in everything. It means to realize that He is sovereign and in control of all that is going on.....in my life, in my church, in the world. He does everything for His glory and our good and I can rest in that. I can rest in the knowledge that nothing is out of His control. Stock market plunging, economies failing......all this has been planned by a loving Father for His glory and my good. How does it work for His glory? I don't know. How does it work for my good? I don't know. I do know that He is faithful. I do know that He wants the best for me. I do know that I can trust Him and I can go to Him with any fear, anxiety or trouble and He will be there--ready to listen, always able to understand. I do know that I can go to His Word and find words of encouragement there. I can find comfort there. I do know that "His divine power has given us everything we (I) need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us byHis own glory and goodness." (2 Peter 1:3)

In these days, and every day, I want to Live All Out for the Lord by trusting Him, obeying Him, loving Him, following Him. Will you join me on that path?

3 comments:

Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet said...

What a great post! Amen!

I really like that quote.

Trish said...

Wonderful Elaine. I have been contemplating the same thing lately in light of something I read in 2 Corinthians.

Paul warns that we are not to loose the simplicity and the purity of our devotion to Christ. I tend to let so many things crowd out my devotion to Him...worries, concerns, plans, my own agenda and goals.

I want to let HIm be the center of my life, my entire focus, letting all other aspects of life flow from that pure and simple devotion to Him...my Blessed Controller.

See you at 2:00 for some pumpkin fun!

Love, T

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I can rest in the knowledge that nothing is out of His control. Stock market plunging, economies failing......all this has been planned by a loving Father for His glory and my good. How does it work for His glory? I don't know. How does it work for my good? I don't know. I do know that He is faithful.

Amen!!! I am actually so surprised at how calm I am in all of this upheaval of the economy. I am usually so anxious about every little thing. Learning about the doctrine of God's sovereignty has brought such good fruit into my life..For HIS glory!