Pages

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Vertigo


Where have been lately? Swimming around in my own head! I woke up the other day and as soon as I tried to get out of bed, the room was spinning and I was flat on my back. Thankfully I fell back on my bed! All day long I was laying in my bed unable to move without the world (in my head) spinning out of control. It got so bad that I even threw up. Not fun!
I had a call in to my doctor at 1:30 and 3:00 and 5:00; the doctor on call finally returned the call at 7:00 pm. Thankfully the pharmacy was still open and my dh was able to get some medication. It has really helped although I can't move too fast or I feel a little off balance.
I've been downstairs watching football most of the day (although, at this moment, the Eagles are not making me feel better!). My sweet hubby and daughter have been taking good care of me: making lunch, cleaning up, bringing me drinks, making sure I'm comfortable. Thank you!!!
I'm hoping all be back to normal tomorrow but I think this will be one of those "take it one day at a time" kind of thing!

3 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I feel for ya! Rest!!

Renna said...

I experienced that a few years ago. At Swappie Vicki's recommendation, I sent dh to Wal-Mart for a bottle of Mezclanine (sp?). I did end up going to the doctor, since I was fearful that it was an inner ear problem. He diagnosed it as BPVS (same thing Vicki had told me), which stands for Benign Positional Vertigo Syndrome. He wrote me a prescription, which I didn't get filled, as it was the exact same medication, dosage and all, of the over-the-counter Mezclanine, which was cheaper than the prescription. I did verify with the Wal-Mart pharmacist that it was the same thing.

Other than that first week of suffering terribly from it, I only had it on occasion after that, for about a year or two. I haven't had it in a few years now. Some suspect it's menopause related.

I hope you're doing better now!

A Servant of the King said...

Renna, I didn't go to the dr. but later looked it up on the internet and figured out it is BPVS.

Menopause related? That's interesting as I'm 52 and headed that way!

I'm feeling much better now. Thanks!