Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

This Week at Home

This week has really flown by; the whole month actually. It looks to be another whirlwind year!

There was a major disappointment at our house last Sunday as the Eagles, once again, failed to win the NFC Championship. Sigh. So....no Super Bowl for us. Boo hoo. But I will not give up on them and will cheer just as loudly when they start back in September. Go Eagles!

My week was quiet and full of cooking, baking and work around the house. I'm sure I've mentioned it many times before but I love being home. I love the routine of the days; caring for my family; trying new recipes; organzing and cleaning; having time for Bible study. I'm thankful to the Lord every day that I'm able to stay home and serve my family.

Friday night we went to Bonefish Grill where Jared works. Jessica and Matt had given us gift cards for Christmas so we used those. The food was wonderful. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was so good. Jared brought out all four sauces so I could try them and I liked the Pan Asian best. Yummy! Michael had the filet (he doesn't like fish) and Julianne had the Bang-Bang Shrimp. We shared a slice of key lime pie for dessert. Of course, our server was the best! I love the chef coats that the servers wear--they look so sharp.

One neat thing about the night was when Jared's boss and a few of the servers came over individually to tell us what a great guy Jared is and how he is good to work with, etc. That made my mama heart feel good--and proud. xoxox I'm thankful to the Lord for my son!
~*~*~*~
This weekend is jam-packed which is unusual for us. Last night was Bonefish, today Michael cooked for and went to our church's Men of Valor meeting this morning. He had to be there at 6 am to cook! Then I went to a ladies' brunch from 10-12. And tonight we got together with another fellowship group for dinner! (notice how all this involves food?? haha)

The reason for all these meetings is because of two very special couples who are visiting with us. Our former pastor/teacher and his wife are now serving in Mexico City and are involved in a church there. We are helping this church to build a new building. It has been humbling to see how the Lord is working through our church to help this sister church in Mexico. The pastor/teacher there and his wife are also here this weekend so it has been a privilege to get to know them.

This morning at our brunch Josefina gave her testimony and it just reminded me again of God's grace to us as sinners. That He would love us and forgive us and want us to be part of His family is just unbelievable! We serve a wonderful, loving God!! She had all of us ladies in tears as she shared the work that God did in her life to redeem her and what He is doing in her life now.

Tomorrow after church we invited a new young couple over for lunch. We're looking forward to getting to know them. I'm going to have hot roast beef sandwiches with gravy, a salad and dessert. They are bringing dessert and everything else is already made so there won't be much for me to do. The house is clean so I'm all set. ;-)

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made. My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise His holy name for ever and ever. (Ps. 145:8-9, 21)

No comments: