Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This Weekend

What a great weekend! Saturday night we had our fellowship group over for the first time since November. We were together for a Christmas party but that was at another house. Our group meets every other Saturday at our house from 5:00 to 8:00 (ish). Right now we are six couples but we haven't managed to be all together yet!

I usually make a main dish and others will bring side dishes and drinks. This week I had all the fixings for hoagies and they were really good. One of the ladies had a dessert fellowship at her house the night before so she brought all kinds of desserts. Yum!

We had a good discussion concerning true biblical fellowship. We usually have a time for music but it didn't happen this week. One of the things I really like about our group is that it's very relaxed and is truly just a time for fellowship and getting to know each other better. We have a time of prayer also. I always look forward to it.

Sunday afternoon we had two friends over for lunch after church. We had such a great time talking and eating and watching the Eagles win (yeah!!). Then two other friends stopped by with their adorable baby boy. It's funny how silly we adults can be when it comes to a baby. We were all talking baby-talk to him and being goofy so we could get him to smile. :-)

I am so thankful for our church body and for the love and fellowship we share. I'm so thankful that the Lord brought us to Grace Bible and that we can worship Him with an amazing group of believers!

2 comments:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I love getting to know you better through your blog. You are a blessing to me and an encouragement. :o)

I don't think there is anything better than a church family to grow in Christ with and to share one another's burdens and joys.

My personal goal is to have people from church over to my home more often.

A Servant of the King said...

Thanks, Amy!!

My goal has been the same as yours. This past year we signed up to host a fellowship group and do that twice a month on Saturday. The following Sunday we usual invite someone over for lunch after church. It's easy on me because the house is already clean and whatever I make for dinner on Saturday (I always make the main dish), I save some to use for Sunday. It has worked out well and it's been a blessing to have friends/new members over!