Pages

Saturday, March 07, 2009

In A Manner Worthy

It's hard to believe that a few days ago the ground was covered with 12" of snow. All of that is now gone and the forecast high today is supposed to be 76*. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen because it's now 11:30 and the temperature is already at 70*.

I'm headed out to do some errands and to get ready for our fellowship group tonight. It's been a while since we've met because so many people have been sick. There is a terrible flu going around church right now. Thankfully, we haven't been blessed with it!

This past Sunday we started a series on the book of Philippians. I've been trying to read it each day to get it into my mind and thoughts. What thought has been in my mind today? Philippians 1:27a--"Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." The NIV Study Bible says "worthy of the gospel" is appropriate to the standards and goals given with the gospel.

I pray that as I am out and about this afternoon that I would conduct myself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.

No comments: