Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Here at Home

This has been a quiet week at home. I so enjoy those! I only had to go out to take Julianne to co-op and karate on Tuesday and Thursday. I did go out early yesterday for grocery shopping and errands. I stopped at a new Salvation Army store that just opened up. It was so neat and organized--it was joy to shop. I found a really nice clear cake plate and cover. I've always wanted one but without the pedestal. I also picked up a Spanish/English dictionary for school next year.

I stopped at the fabric store to pick up some fleece to finish a blanket I'm making for my dad. I'm making a Cowboys blanket for him like the one I made Matt two years ago.
~*~*~
Michael is away for two weeks! I'm keeping busy with things around the house but I'm quite lonely without him around. He is actually in New Jersey so he's going over tomorrow to see my parents and sister. They are having some problems with their computer and other electronics so he'll work on those while he's there. What a blessing he is! He's spending the weekend at his brother's and then goes back to his hotel tomorrow night. He'll be home on Friday. Yeah!!
~*~*~
My dad is still in a lot of pain and my sister says he is sleeping a lot. I will be going up on the 26th to spend a week. I'm really anxious to see him. I know he is in good hands with my sister being there. I had planned on going up this past week but when my sister flew in, my parents felt it would be best if I stayed here so we could space out the visits. Please continue to pray for him.
~*~*~
Wednesday night was the season finale of Lost. Any Lost fans out there? Julianne and I have had fun trying to figure out various scenarios and what will happen next season....the *last* season. It's maddening that we have to wait until 2010.
~*~*~
Next week I start working on the front and side "gardens". It's in quotes because it's basically just weeds. I hope to get them all pulled so we can plant something decent--that comes up every year and requires little care. Haha!!
~*~*~
Tonight was our Fellowship Group. I really look forward to having everyone over and spending time eating, talking, discussing things of the Lord and praying together. What a blessing it is!! I'm so thankful that we were able to open our home and share it with others.
~*~*~
I was looking at my schedule and every weekend is full until the beginning of July: graduation parties, church picnic, youth activities, family coming down, homeschool convention, a ladies tea, and a church camping trip. Whew! The summer is over before it starts!! At least our weekdays will be quiet. Julianne will continue with karate Tuesday and Thursday nights but our days are free!
~*~*~
That's about all from here. I hope you all have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow.

"And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He made made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high; having become as much better than angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they." -Hebrews 1:3-4


No comments: