Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

In My Home Today


This morning I tackled all the paperwork that has piled up for the last few weeks. Whew! I made a large dent in it but have a long way to go. There are recipes to be filed (and tried), letters to be answered, coupons to be cut and magazines to be read.
I keep all of my magazines in a tote bag along with a pair of scissors and an envelope. Whenever I am waiting, especially at karate, I read through the magazines. I cut out articles I need to look over later, recipes, craft ideas, etc., and put them in the envelope. When I'm finished, I put the magazines in the recycle bin. It works for me!

I do have more errands to run today. I will be so glad to get caught up on all my running around! I need to stop at Sam's Club to buy some things for the homeless ministry and take them over to the church. I also need to visit the library to pick up a book I have on hold.
Tonight for dinner we are having bbq ribs, fresh corn on the cob and grilled veggies. I have peaches also but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. Cobbler? Plain with whipped cream?
I read the following this morning in Elizabeth George's "Life Management for Busy Women":
And if we look a little deeper into our hearts, we also find thoughts like these--"I'll never get it all done....especially if I take time out of my hectic schedule to read my Bible and pray!" But, dear one, the exact opposite is true for you and me as God's busy women, for it was our Lord Himself who said, "Without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).
I hope that will be an encouragement to you to put the Lord at the center of everything in your life and to start your day with Him and His Word!

No comments: