Pages

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Trust


Julianne needed to be in several unfamiliar places today so I borrowed Michael's GPS. Using a GPS requires a lot of trust especially when I'm going somewhere I've never been before. I am trusting this machine to bring me to my destination. I like using it except for one thing; I can't see where I'm going. When I use a map or Google directions, I can see my travel route from beginning to end. I know I can keep hitting the forward button on the GPS to see ahead but it's not the same thing as seeing the whole picture. I have to put my trust into that little machine and believe it will get me where I need to be!!

I was thinking the Christian life is a lot like using a GPS. God is in charge and He is bringing me along to my destination--my final destination! I need to trust Him because I can't see where I'm going. I can't see the big picture. Thankfully, the Lord is trustworthy and His guidance is always correct.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your way acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Thankfully, the Lord is trustworthy and His guidance is always correct.

Oh, I find such solace in knowing that He is complete control and all things will work out for my good and for His glory. :o)