Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here at Home

Monday was spent in close contact with my washer and dryer. I'm thankful for these "servants" in my home. I always think it would be fun to live back during "Little House" days but really it would be a lot of work. I'm sure we wouldn't have as many clothes as we do now but.....what we did have would be hard to wash and dry! So, I'm thankful for my servants who make my day easier.....washer, dryer, bread maker, dishwasher, crockpot, etc.

I finished the last load earlier today but still need to fold all the towels. Laundry....never-ending fun!

Tonight was open house for Julianne's co-op. This year she will be taking Algebra, Biology and Advanced Writing/Literature at the co-op. At home we will be doing History and Spanish. I ordered Rosetta Stone yesterday so I'm all set for the school year. I can't believe it's almost the end of August. I'm really not ready yet! At least we have two more weeks until we begin formal studies.

I found out Julianne can take the PSAT this year! She can take it at a local church here in Richmond. Yeah! I think this school year is going to be intense. All her classes are going to be time-consuming with lots of reading, writing, vocabulary words, etc. Her biology class will require 1.5 hours of study time on the days she's not in class. Eeeek! We're not used to that!
============
We are going away on Thursday night to Washington, DC. Michael has meetings all weekend so Julianne and I are going to do some sightseeing. On our list to visit is the zoo and the Spy Museum. I'm looking forward to spending time with her. I just wish Michael was able to join us.

This trip will be my last one for a while, Lord willing. Once I get back on Sunday, I am staying home. I am really trying to plan my weeks so I am home on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Since Julianne will be gone all day Tuesday and Thursday, I hope to use those days for errands and for any ministry work.
===========
What are your plans for the fall? Are you making any changes to your homeschool? I would love to hear from you!

No comments: