Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig!!

U. S. Route 301 and me are becoming fast friends! I've been up and down it quite a few times this summer. I enjoy much better than Interstate 95. The view is much nicer and the stress level is way down. A lot of the times I'm the only one on the road. True, it does go through a few towns and there is some stop and go traffic but it's worth it to arrive at my destination relaxed and refreshed.

My week in NJ was good. My mom and sister are doing well but the whole situation of getting the house in order is stressful! I'm sure my mom will be thankful to have her house back in order. I had a rough time when I pulled up to the house and saw the last of the backyard trees being cut down. My dad planted them long ago. I wish my mom would have kept them and trimmed them back instead of cutting them down. The backyard is now very, very hot since there's no shade.


We took a break from working and went down to Cape May for the day. I was so happy! We walked down Washington Street to shop, looked at the houses, ate Kohr's frozen custard, walked on the beach, saw lots of dolphins and then watched the sun set at the lighthouse.

Now I'm back home and back to reality. School starts in three weeks! Thankfully I have all Julianne's curriculum except for Spanish. I signed up Julianne for school pictures the last week in September. Every year they are taken at the Italian Garden of Maymont Park in Richmond. Julianne has had her taken since she was 3! Only 3 more years to go......

I also have the reality of all the housework I need to do. I had so many plans for the summer but now they will have to be done in the fall. Julianne will be in school all day Tuesday and Thursdays so I hope to get a lot accomplished during that time. But, as I found out this summer, God may have different plans!

No comments: