Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

For Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Outside my window...partly cloudy and slightly warm; all the snow is melted!

I am thankful…for God’s Word

From the learning rooms…nothing today; Julianne is home sick with a stomach virus

From the kitchen...IHOP is giving away free pancakes so instead of going out, I’m making pancakes for dinner!

I am pondering…this quote from John Piper: “If we don’t want God above all things, we have not been converted by the gospel.” Powerful, convicting.

I am creating...I want to finish the bib I’m working on but I ran out of the one color I need and I can’t match it from my stock. I sent an e-mail to the company to request it but haven’t heard from them. Now I’m working on a pillow case.

I am reading…in Deuteronomy right and seeing how a lot those laws were meant to protect the Israelites from various diseases and such. To me, it shows how God is concerned with every area of our lives.

I am hoping...that we have seen the end of the cold weather. I love winter and snow but am now ready for spring!

Around the house...I’m working hard to catch up on all the chores I didn’t do while I was sick.

A few plans for the rest of the week: not much—errands to the library, grocery shopping

Here is picture I am sharing... none this week. I can't upload any pix to Blogger!

If you would like to read more posts like these or to participate yourself, please visit Peggy's Place.


1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Hey, I enjoyed your daybook today. Hope Julianne gets better soon. I hate that stomach bug!