Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Outside my window...the street is very quiet this afternoon; no cars, no children. As far as I know, there are only myself and two others on my street who are not away working

I am thankful…for my husband’s job. God has been so gracious to us these 29+ years. As many around us lose their jobs, we are very thankful for God’s provision

From the learning rooms…I have a stack of papers I need to grade and am working on that now!

From the kitchen...I found a neat site called “A Year of Slow Cooking”. I plan to spend some time at this website looking over the recipes. I love my crockpot and can always use some inspiration!
I am pondering…what it means to live a simple life yet still be involved in ministry

I am creating...not a thing this past week. On the agenda are some new baby and birthday cards

I am reading…still working through “A Praying Life”

I am hoping...that this beautiful spring weather stays around for a long time. I’m not ready for humidity just yet!

I am hearing…Celtic music on my iPod.

One of my favorite things…Dr. Pepper. I tried stopping cold turkey and ended up with a nasty headache so now I’m gradually weaning myself.

Around the house...tumbleweeds of oak pollen are everywhere and I sweep it away everyday…sometimes twice a day!

A few plans for the rest of the week: nothing out of the ordinary this week other than an ortho and eye appointment. I would really like to finish up the deep cleaning if I can.

Here is a picture I am sharing... I went to Honduras in 2006 and 2007 to help out with our church's missionaries. A group from our church just got back and i was looking at their pictures and remembering the good times down there. This is Heidi, a dear friend and missionary, teaching the girls in her Sunday School class.

If you enjoyed this post and would like to read others like it, please be sure to visit Peggy's Place. Bring your favorite drink along and stay awhile. :-)


1 comment:

Abi's Blog said...

Your blog was a blessing to me today! :) Have a wonderful day!
Ava