Pages

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Various Updates

We are on our second (or is it third) heat wave of the summer. Last week we had a break and it was so wonderful. It felt like early autumn with warm days and cool evenings. Yesterday we set a record of 103. Ouch! Today is it much cooler at 96....break out the sweaters! We just had a storm go through and that's the first rain we've had here at our house since the end of May. I get a day's break from watering my flowers.
~*~*~*~
I have been enjoying my Kindle! I take it everywhere and I've been reading a lot more than usual. It's so lightweight. Today I ordered "What is the Gospel" by Greg Gilbert for free!! This is only for a limited time so order soon! (HT: Tim Challies)
~*~*~*~
There hasn't actually been much going on these past few weeks. There are the usual homekeeping duties that keep me busy; Julianne is still doing history, algebra and Spanish through the summer but the heat has been keeping us inside for the most part.
~*~*~*~
Next week it's supposed to be somewhat cooler so I'm planning on going blueberry picking at a nearby farm. I hope to pick enough and freeze them to last until next year. I've got room in my freezer and I will definitely use them. I make a lot of blueberry muffins through the year and cobblers during the summer.

I haven't been cooking a lot but I have been grilling: Italian sausage, hamburgers, corn, chicken, etc. Yum and more yum. :-)
~*~*~*
Here's a quote that I read last night from A Praying Life that really encouraged me: "The name of Jesus gives my prayers royal access. They get through. Jesus isn't just the Savior of my soul. He's also the Savior of my prayers. My prayers come before the throne of God as the prayers of Jesus. 'Asking in Jesus' name' isn't another thing I have to get right so my prayers are perfect. It is one more gift of God because my prayers are so imperfect."

Have a blessed day!

No comments: