Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Friday, August 27, 2010

Outside my window…a very nice day; blue sky, puffy white clouds, and 84 degrees. An absolutely beautiful summer day!

I am thankful…for God’s Word, my instruction book

From the learning rooms…we are all signed up for co-op classes and I’m working on lesson plans for things at home.

From the kitchen...cleaning up because I’m getting a new overhead light installed tomorrow!!

I am creating…cloth napkins; you can find the instructions here.

I am reading…on my Kindle: The Invisible Bridge

Scripture for the week: Many are the plans in a man’s heart but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. (Prov. 19:21)

I am hearing…birds singing outside

Noticing that…I have a lot more free time now that I only watch TV one or two days a week

Around the house...as mentioned above, I’m getting a new light fixture for over my sink. I’ve been without one for over a month and I have really missed it. I like a bright light while I work.

A few plans for the rest of the week: only one day left in the week and I will be working on the garden tomorrow—pulling weeds, etc.

Here is a picture I’m sharing of my backyard….just kidding! This was taken at Maymont Gardens; isn’t it beautiful? It’s so peaceful there.


If you would like to see more posts like this one or participate in the Daybook yourself, please visit Peggy's Place!!

1 comment:

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Love the cloth napkins. I don't make mine, but I do hunt for bargains and have now collected quite a few. I rarely buy the paper ones anymore.

I've started a short series on one of my blogs that you might enjoy reading. It is based on the Bible study, Five Aspects of Woman. Have you ever done it?www.mistressofmydomain.blogspot.com.
I'd love your feedback!