Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Really Happening

Last night was the first meeting for parents and students for Julianne's graduation.  It's really happening!  In the past few years the graduation has been held at various churches but they were small and so tickets were limited.  This year the steering committee found a new, much larger, church that holds about 2,000.  We aren't even going to print tickets!  As of last night, there were 39 graduates. 

Julianne was excited to see many friends there; she wasn't sure she was going to know many.  The graduates picked their school colors (to be used for their graduation gowns, invitations, etc.):  light blue for the girls, black for the guys.  They decided they did want to have a banquet, which is probably going to be catered by the church.  They decided they did want to have a memory book.  I was glad they wanted this but it will be a great memory later on.  And lastly, they picked their class verse:  "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."  (1 Timothy 4:12)  Julianne also decided that she would like a class ring so we're going to order that soon.  I was surprised she wanted one but she is always full of surprises!

All the parents have to be on one committee and I'm on "flowers".  Each one of us on the committee has to research flowers prices and get back to our leader in December.  After that, our work is done until a few weeks before graduation when we have to pick up the flowers, distribute them, etc.  Never having seen or worked on a homeschool graduation, I was very pleased last night with how smoothly everything went and how professional it was.  Our state convention holds a graduation but with almost 300 graduates it can be rather impersonal and rushed.  I'm looking forward to Julianne's.  It's going to be May 21, 2011.  Mark your calendars!!
============
For those of you who follow me on Facebook (are there any of  you who do??), I have deactivated my account for the next two months.  I have lots of projects I need to work on, not including Christmas gifts, and FB was just taking up too much of my time.  Never fear, I will be back sometime after the holidays!  (I know you can't wait; hahaha!!!!)

1 comment:

Kate {The Parchment Girl} said...

Tell her congratulations for me! = )

I seem to recall meeting Julianne once when I was at Brooke Bell's house visiting with her and you and Julianne came over near the end of our visit...