Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Workout Details


I went to the gym today and had a session with a personal trainer.  We talked about my goals and what would be the best way to approach them.  I will be going a minimum of 4 times a week!  So far the afternoons have been working out for me (and Julianne).  I will be switching up my workout every other day.  One day I will do 45-60 of cardio.  Ha!  When she said this, I was like "oh".  But I have been doing about 30 minutes so as of now I'm upping it to 45 minutes.

On the next day I will be doing a 30-minute workout on the weight circuit followed by 20-30 minutes of cardio.  Ha again!!   I wonder if they have one pound weights??  I'm not sure I can do more than that.  :-)  I will be meeting with her again on Friday so she can go over all the equipment with me.

After our session, I walked the treadmill for 45 minutes.  At first it was slow going and then I decided to stop listening to an audio book and started listening to some music.  So. much. better.  I'm going to make up different playlists that last 45-60 minutes.  It was so much easier (not sure easier is the right word!) to keep going when I had music playing.  I only wish I could sing out loud!!  That would definitely get me going...but probably empty out the place.

So....there you have it.  I think I'll take a nap now.

2 comments:

Roger and LeAnn said...

Let's see I think this might have caused a guilt trip for me. I so need to get back to exercising. I was doing 3 days a week on a bike and treadmill and 2 days of strength training. My brother passed away last July and I haven't got back to it yet. This post may be my inspiration.
Blessings to you! LeAnn
Drop by my site at Living Waters -
http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com/

A Servant of the King said...

Let me know if you get back into it. It's not easy and I really have to motivate myself to get to the gym but once I do, I'm glad.