Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quiet Days at Home


This week has been full of quiet days at home.  I enjoy those so much.  I am able to catch up on chores, complete the entire cycle of laundry (wash, dry, fold AND put away), bake some goodies, spend time studying the Word and have a leisurely hour or two of reading.  I still have to take and pick up Julianne from classes but the rest of the days are gloriously free of obligations.  I try to savor them when they appear because lately they have been few and far between.

I finished Finding Focus in a Whirlwind World.  As Kay Arthur said, "Every Christian who is actively serving the Lord needs to read it...and then keep on the shelf to be read again, for it contains timeless truths I need to keep as intimate friends."  I agree!

Up next is:


The subtitle is "A Woman's Guide to Intentional Living".  One of the things that I truly am striving for is live intentionally.  Not to just go along during the days, weeks, months and years without a specific plan or just reacting to what comes my way--but to live for Christ intentionally.  Seeking ways to serve Him and others.  Enjoying fellowship with Him.  Those things don't happen naturally.  I'm looking forward to reading this.

On quiet days it sometimes feels like I should be "doing" something...some activity or service...but then I realize that I am doing something.  I am serving my family and the Lord.  Even though I am home, I can still send a card of encouragement or make a phone call.

Thank You, Lord, for quiet days at home where I can savor You and serve You and enjoy life to the fullest.

No comments: