Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Road Trip!


Trish and I will be heading to Florida on Thursday to attend the 2012 Women's Conference put on by The Gospel Coalition. We're so excited!  I am praying that the Lord will use this time to strengthen our faith in Him, draw us closer to Him, and to learn more about Him so that we can share with other women.

This conference comes at a perfect time in my life.  (Of course, God's timing is always perfect!).  I have been a former homeschooling mom for a year now.  This year has been one of transition and I'm not sure where the Lord is leading me.  While homeschooling my days had focus and purpose.  I miss that!  I don't want to work outside of the home so I am resting in the Lord and waiting to see His direction in my life.

I have had the time to be involved in more of what I call my "encouragement ministry", for lack of a better name.  I am now able to have lunch with ladies one-on-one to get to know them better and discuss things of the Lord...and other things, of course!  I'm also able to have a time of Bible study with them or just spend time together.  I'm thankful that the Lord has provided me with that time and the freedom to do so.

I taught a workshop on prayer a month or so ago and realized that teaching is not really my gift.  Haha!  I am much better with one or a very small group.  My desire is really to help ladies, especially young women, see that being a wife and mother is a high and holy calling.  I want to be able to help them live out the gospel in their home and to have a grace-filled home.  That is truly the desire of my heart and I am trusting the Lord to lead me to those women He would like me to serve!

I'm not taking my laptop with me but will post when I return.  See you soon!


1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I'm sure you are having a super great time!!