Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Lord Reigns Over the Flood


Tonight as I was working at my desk I was listening to BBN Radio's program called "Building Blocks for the Family".  The featured speaker was Elizabeth George and she was talking about trusting God's promises.  In her talk, she referenced about a friend who went through a terrible tragedy but gave thanks in the situation.  I found a video about this woman, Ney Bailey, and here is her story.  It's about 16 minutes long but worth watching.

The Lord Reigns Over the Flood

Would I be able to give thanks in a situation like that?  I really like what she said about knowing she had to "choose with her will" to give thanks.  Even when we don't feel like it, we must choose to obey. It was a good reminder for me!  That phrase "choose with my will" is such a powerful reminder that I have a choice when it comes to sin.  I don't have to let it rule over me.  I can choose, with the Holy Spirit's power, to do what is right.

Elizabeth mentioned that Ney had written a book about faith so I looked it up on Amazon and ordered it on my Kindle.  I can't wait to start reading it!


Let's choose to obey!!

No comments: